LACONIA FARMERS MARKET
RULES FOR OPERATION
The Farmers Market is open to all. The Market will be held weekly from the third Saturday in June through the last Saturday in September, with a selling period from 8:30 a.m until 12:00 noon in the parking lot of City Hall, Beacon Street Extension, Laconia. Set-up and clean-up will be one hour before and after the selling period.
The farmers market is supervised by a committee/vendors who will appoint a Market Master to be in charge of the Market while in operation.
- Vendors will register each day with the Market Master.Anyone wishing to participate in the market must pay a yearly fee of $25 (to cover insurance).Beginning in 2013, each permanent (entire season) vendor must pay the entire season’s fee by the first day of the market (at a rate of $10 per Saturday, i.e. there are 15 weeks in this summer’s season, therefore $150 is required).After paying the fee and signing the registration form, the vendor will be assigned a space.Pre-registered vendors are guaranteed space.New in 2013, we will be offering rotating vendor craft spots.If you feel you cannot attend every market, you can pick 1, 2 or 3 markets per month.A schedule must be established as to attendance.The total of the markets x $10 per market will be due by the first day of market attendance.
- All produce must be locally grown by members of the seller’s household or persons employed by the seller.Purchased produce may not be offered for sale, unless it is local and something that is not being currently grown by a participating vendor.If purchasing produce, this needs to be discussed and approved by the Market Master beforehand.
- Locally home grown or home baked goods, maple products, honey, canned pickles, relishes, jams and jellies, eggs, meat and horticultural products of good quality may be offered for sale.Canned items must use USDA recommended processing.Agricultural crafts may be sold also, but must be made from locally grown materials (i.e. cornhusk dolls, wreaths, etc.)
- Each vendor shall be responsible for setting up, displaying and packaging his/her/its produce in a saleable quantity, as well as providing protection for the produce from the elements.Each vendor must leave his assigned stall in broom-clean condition by ½ hour after selling stops, and shall assist in the general cleanup of the Market area.
- All scales used by vendors shall have a current seal by Division of Weights and Measures.The Market will provide 1 set of sealed scales when possible.
- Prices will be determined by the seller and posted or displayed.Vendors should follow the prices posted in the NH Dept. of Agriculture’s Weekly Market Bulletin as a baseline.Vendors should work in unison with each other on pricing and no undercutting shall occur.The Farmers Market Committee is not responsible for any sales arrangements or warranty of any sort, express or implied, concerning produce bought or sold.
- Vendors will not use high pressure tactics to sell their products.Anyone observed doing so will receive a warning.Upon receiving a second warning the vendor will be asked to leave the area immediately.
- Any violation of these rules should subject the violator to denial of future participation at the Market.
- If problems arise, disputes will be settled by the designated Market Master of the Farmers Market Committee, and in the interest of promptness, decisions of any question shall be final.
- No solicitors, collection drives or manufactured products (including printed materials) by outside organizations or individuals will be permitted in the vending area.
- The Market Master will be responsible for assigning space and will collect fees.